Nice Girls Don’t Bite
Posted on May 28th, 2011
Nice Girls Don’t Bite by Joan Sween
Great read for anyone who enjoys cozy mysteries with a humorous Transylvania twist.
Erleen and Louise, two Minnesota antiques dealers, return from hunting antiques in Transylvania to discover that they have been transformed into vampires. As if that’s not bad enough, the two women soon find themselves in the middle of a bank robbery, kidnapping, and murder. Will they figure out what the leader of an international drug ring wants in time to save their friends?
- Loved the premise of two middle-aged women becoming vampires, but vowing to maintain their Minnesota-niceness.
- Humorous asides were plentiful but not distracting
- Fast, easy, entertaining read.
- Explored and played with several vampire stereotypes.
- Some formatting issues in my version. For the most part, these did not affect readability. Alerted the author to these issues.
- SPOILER: The exact circumstances behind the dealers becoming vampires were never revealed. While the reader doesn’t need to know this, I was interested in a little more detail about what happened.
I know this author personally, and strove to keep any personal attachments from this review.
Leave a Reply